One of the most stressful times that a simple student or employee may encounter is a loss of an important file on the computer. It can be a day of doom if you are due to submit your paper or make a presentation and at the worst possible moment your file is deleted. Thus, data recovery may be the answer you are looking for. Data recovery is technology that will help you to salvage lost data. First things first, you may want to take out your rolodex and try calling your tech-savvy friends to help you out. In case you have no more choice, you just might have to spend a little bit to get yourself a data recovery software or a specialist to help you out.
1. Determine What’s Wrong:
– your computer will not start at all
– blue screen of death
– your computer boots up, but files are missing or are corrupted
– your computer opens up but you cannot seem to find some of your other drives
2. Weird Sounds
Before doing anything, try to hear if there are any sounds coming from your hard drive like a weird scratching, scraping or ticking. If you do hear something like it, then it is enough to conclude that your hardware may be physically damaged. The only possibility for you is to take your computer to a data recovery service where experts might be able to get your data off for you. Of course, this would entail a lot of time and money, so you may want to weigh the value of the data you lost before going a step further.
3. Do-It-Yourself Data Recovery Tips: http://smartwebsiteideas.com/
– Acquire and download software to help you out
– Not all software is free
– Attach your hard drive to another computer if your computer has only a single drive. This is to provide enough space to store all your data
– If your computer has a rollback safety feature, try and roll back to a previous saved state to restore damage
4. Possible Causes Of Damage:
– Lightning strike
– Hard drive failure
– Accidental deletion of data
– Water/fire damage
– Improper software installation overwriting important data
5. Be Prepared – Make Backups
Having back-ups is the only solution to your data loss problems. They come in various forms:
– Virus protection software
– Personal firewall
– CD backup
– DVD backup
– RAID hard drive
6. Back-Up Tips
– Try investing in backup software of good quality and performance. Products that leave you secured from data loss disaster or further computer file crashes are always a good investment.
– Double check the restore capability. The software should have features that guarantee that while the product is performing your back up it checks all the data down to the level of bits and bytes.
– Double check the capability of your back up medium. Invest on the best back up software you can get and at the same time, for the purposes of prevention, start manually and diligently backing up your data regularly.